Vegan Beefy Skillet Lasagna
Vegan Beefy Skillet Lasagna. The perfect comfort food for a lazy weekend or a weeknight meal because it's all cooked in one pan. Besides being so easy to make, it's absolutely delish.
- 10 ounces vegan beef crumbles I recommend Beyond Beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened vegan milk I used oat milk
- 2 cups marinara
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles broken into 1 ½ inch pieces, each noodle should be broken into about 5 pieces
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella don't be shy with the cheese
- 1 large handful of fresh spinach
- grated vegan parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
Sauté the beefy crumble in a 12-inch pan according to package instructions.
Add in garlic clove at the end, saute for another 30 seconds.
Add in milk, marinara, noodles, nutritional yeast, and water, spreading out the noodles so they are mostly covered in liquid.
Bring to a boil, cover, and lower the heat to a high simmer at medium-low heat. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring 3 times during the cooking process.
Add in the mozzarella, stir to combine, cover and simmer for another 5 minutes. Check noodles for doneness, if they aren’t cooked through simmer for another 5 minutes.
When they’re done, throw in the spinach, salt and pepper, stir to combine and cook until the spinach is wilted. Finish with grated parmesan cheese and serve!
Calories: 444kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 1031mg | Potassium: 971mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 4579IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 4mg