Vegan Za'atar Roasted Eggplant
Vegan Za'atar Roasted Eggplant. Deliciously baked eggplant, drizzled in garlicky tahini, and served with a fresh veggie salad. Gluten Free.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time45 mins
- 1 globe eggplant (about 1 pound)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (avocado oil would work as well)
- 1 tbsp za'atar spice mix
- 1/4 tsp salt (more to taste if desired)
- tahini (desired amount)
- roasted garlic (desired amount)
Vegetable Salad -
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1 cup snacking tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup pickled red onions
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, diced
- handful of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Preheat oven to 400F. Slice your eggplant in half lengthwise. Score each half by cutting about 3/4 of the way through the eggplant, ensuring you do not puncture the skin of the eggplant.
Sprinkle each eggplant half with salt. Mix 1 tbsp oil with 1 tbsp za'atar, and brush the mixture over the eggplant halves.
Place eggplant halves on baking tray lined with parchment paper, scored sides facing tray.
Bake at 400F for approximately 45 minutes, flipping eggplant halfway through cooking. You may need more or less time depending on the size of the eggplant used.
To test if the eggplant is cooked, pierce the eggplant with a fork. If it's still firm, then cook longer. If the eggplant is tender, it's done!
Drizzle cooked eggplant with tahini and roasted garlic to finish.
Calories: 314kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 567mg | Potassium: 968mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 1855IU | Vitamin C: 59mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 4mg