Vegan Twix Bars are a healthy plant based treat. Gluten free and guilt free, they are a perfect cruelty free alternative to the real thing.
Recipe Contributor – The Little Almond (Instagram) The Little Almond (Website) The Little Almond (Facebook)
Healthy candy? Okay, not like eating a salad, but much healthier than the animal product version. And Twix bars are just one of those candies that you can’t resist!
Right Twix or Left Twix
I never really understood the commercial about “right or left” twix. I mean, aren’t they the same? So guess what? I Googled it.
According to Quora, “Each factory took a vastly different approach. Left Twix flowed caramel on cookie, while Right Twix cascaded caramel on cookie. Left Twix bathed in chocolate, while Right Twix cloaked in chocolate.”
So basically the only difference, which I think we all really knew, is the use of adjectives. But with Vegan Twix Bars, there’s a huge difference, and I don’t mean in a left or right side. These are gluten free, guilt free, cruelty free, and refined sugar free.
Make a batch of these yummy Vegan Twix bars for Halloween or for holiday treats. Your guests will thank you.
And if you’re looking for more dessert recipes, click on recipes at the top menu, then click on dessert, or simply click here.
Vegan Twix Bars
Cookie Base –
Caramel Filling –
Chocolate Coating –
- 1 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- To make the cookie base, mix your almond flour and coconut flour in a bowl. Add the melted coconut oil and maple syrup and mix with a rubber spatula until combined. You'll end up with a wet crumbly mixture.
- Transfer mixture into your loaf pan and press it down evenly. Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool.
- While the cookie base is cooling down, soak your dates in warm water for 10 minutes.
- Add the dates and the rest of the caramel ingredients to a blender, using 2-3 Tbsp of the water used to soak the dates. Blend until combined and completely smooth. Scraping down the sides with a rubber spatulate as needed.
- Evenly spread your caramel mixture over the cookie base and transfer to the freezer for 4 hours until the caramel has set for a bit. Preferably freeze overnight.
- Remove from the loaf pan and cut into 10 thin bars. Transfer back into the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Melt your vegan dark chocolate in a bowl over a double boiler or melt in the microwave in 30 second increments.
- Coat your twix bars in the melted chocolate and place it back on parchment paper. Once all your twix bars are coated, transfer in the fridge until the chocolate is set. Once it's set, help yourself to a bar or two and enjoy!