Vegan Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana. Now you can have the Vegan version of the classic Olive Garden soup. Warm, hearty, tasty and now Vegan!
Recipe Contributor – That_SassyVegan
Vegan Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana. As That Sassy Vegan writes, “This soup used to be my jam in college. I missed it so much I decided to make a vegan version! It tastes just like I remember too!”
If you haven’t bought vegan sausages before, I would like to recommend Beyond Meat. For this recipe their Hot Italian Sausage would be spectacular!
And speaking of “meat”, have you seen the new movie coming out in September named “The Game Changers?” For anyone who believes in eating plants, and especially for those on the edge of deciding “do I or don’t I change to a plant based diet,” you have got to watch the trailer for this movie. I can’t wait to see it!
Try this wonderful version of restaurant favorite. Healthy, hearty and perfect for that lazy weekend when you want to watch old movies and have something warm and comforting to eat. Wrap up in a blankie, turn on the tv, and dive into a big bowl of Vegan Zuppa Toscana.
Vegan Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana
- Mince the onion and garlic and then saute in a large pot until soft.
- Add in 2 Vegan sausages, sliced. I used Tofurky Italian sausages. Let the sausages cook with the garlic and onion.
- Once the sausages are cooked, add the paprika, Italian seasoning, maple syrup and chili flakes if you like some spice. Add one tiny dash of cinnamon.
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise then slice into half moon shapes that are about 1/2 an inch thick and add.
- Add broth (or water) and coconut milk. Let cook for 10 minutes.
- Chop the Kale and add.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the Kale is wilted and the potatoes are soft your Zuppa Toscana is done!
Looking for Italian food? Look here!