Vegan Mediterranean Pasta Salad is a perfect salad to make and have ready for a quick weeknight meal, packed lunches, or to take to that weekend get together. Full of yummy pasta, arugula, red pesto and olives, what’s not to love?
This is a great dish for meal prepping or to double and take a family get together. All the ingredients will do well in any kind of weather, and you don’t have to heat it up. You can serve it straight from the refrigerator or room temperature.
Pasta is so versatile, am I right? There are SO many ways to prepare it. And so many different kinds of pasta. Did you know that there are 350 different types of pasta around the world? And of the 350, there are about 4 times that many names for them!
At least all these pastas can be organized into different groups, including long pasta (spaghetti, angel hair), tubes (penne), soup pastas (orzo, alphabet), stuffed (tortellini, ravioli) and special shapes (farfalle, fusilli). That makes it a little easier to keep up with and grasp the concept of so many kinds of pasta!
Luckily we have this healthy and absolutely delicious Vegan Mediterranean Pasta Salad recipe we can make. That’s one kind of pasta down, 299 to go!
Vegan Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- 500 grams penne pasta cooked, cooled, and drains. 500 grams equals a little over 16 ounces or 1 pound. If on a gluten free diet use gluten free pasta.
- 1 jar vegan red pesto approximately 190 grams or 6.5 ounces
- 2 handfuls green olives approximately 1/2 to 1 cup
- 4 tomatoes, chopped seeds removed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 200 grams arugula approximately 7 ounces
- 1 package italian herbs (parsley, basil, wild garlic, oregano and thyme) or a few shakes of each herb listed
- Toss pasta with the rest of the ingredients listed.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator and serve cold.
- Great recipe to take to any kind of gatherings, inside or outside since it will keep well in the heat.
- Great recipe to meal prep and keep for weeknight family meals or packed lunches.
Looking for yummy pasta dishes? Try here!