Vegan Crunchwrap Supreme. Look out Taco Bell, there’s a new kid in town. And it’s vegan, gluten free, and absolutely delicious!
Recipe Contributor – The Hungry Chickpea (Instagram) The Hungry Chickpea (Website)
As Eva from The Hungry Chickpea writes, “It’s all in the name! A slight abomination of Tex-Mex cuisine, but hey, it’s a Taco Bell knockoff after all.”
“This version has real deal flavor – don’t skimp on toppings or seasonings, and get the biggest rice tortillas that you can find. This isn’t a particularly dainty food, but after one bite I don’t think anyone would mind.”
You know how us plant eaters love the occasional “fast food” healthy version of something totally unhealthy that we used to eat before we became vegan or plant based. And the Vegan Crunchwrap Supreme is one of those outstanding hearty comforting filling foods that hits the spot.
Sidenote – Have you seen the new movie coming out in September named “The Game Changers?” For anyone who believes in eating plants, and especially for those on the edge of deciding “do I or don’t I change to a plant based diet?” you have got to watch the trailer for this movie. I can’t wait to see it!
Make a Vegan Crunchwrap Supreme today. You’ll be happy you did!
Vegan Crunchwrap Supreme
- 2 Beyond Meat Burger Patties
- 2 to 3 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 small gluten free corn tortillas
- oil for frying
- 4 ounce vegan cheddar shreds
- water or soy milk
- 4 large gluten free rice tortillas
- 4 tbsp vegan sour cream
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup green leaf lettuce, cut into ribbons
- guacamole (your favorite recipe or store bought)
- Put Beyond Meat in skillet over medium heat with taco seasoning; break up with wooden spoon and mix until browned. Turn off heat. Set Aside.
- Fry corn tortillas in a small amount of oil until crispy. Set aside.
- In a pot or in the microwave, melt vegan cheddar shreds in a few tablespoons of water or soymilk, stir until smooth and set aside.
- Put a “tostada shell” on a large rice tortilla and use to trace and cut a smaller soft tortilla with a knife. Repeat with one more large tortilla.
- To assemble, put half of seasoned “meat” onto the center of a large tortilla. Add ¼ of melted vegan cheese. Add crispy “tostada shell.” Spread 2 tbsp vegan sour cream, then add half of lettuce and half of tomato. Pour another ¼ of melted cheese. Top with small soft tortilla and fold in the edges of the outer tortilla to seal. Holding tightly, carefully flip the Crunchwrap seam-side down onto a heated & oiled skillet. Sear each side for a couple of minutes until the tortilla is browned.
- Enjoy with a side of guacamole and if you like it spicy, your favorite hot sauce!
Looking for Tex-Mex dishes? Try here!