Vegan Buffalo Mac n Cheese Sandwich is overflowing with flavors. Buffalo “chicken” topped with macaroni and “cheese” and drizzled with vegan ranch. This sandwich takes eating to a whole new level.
Recipe Contributor – Thee Burger Dude (Instagram) Thee Burger Dude (Facebook)
“Chicken” Recipe Creator – Vintage Vegan (Website straight to the chicken recipe)
Seriously look at this burger, sandwich, whatever you want to call it because who cares it’s absolutely unbelievably delicious. The “chicken” is a recipe from the Vintage Vegan where she cooks vital wheat gluten with spices in an instapot. The entire process only takes about 30 minutes. That’s pretty amazing for coming out with something that went in as powder and spices and then reappears like chicken!
Thee Burger Dude used a macaroni and cheese recipe from The Brand New Vegan. If you don’t want to use that one, there is one already posted on this website and you can click for that one right here! Or you can always buy store bought to speed up the process if you like. In fact, Daiya has an awesome new cheese sauce that all you’d have to do is cook the macaroni then add the sauce. Here’s a link to Daiya’s Sauce if you want to check it out.
This Vegan Buffalo Mac N Cheese Sandwich, or SandWISH as Thee Burger Dude calls it, is unbelievably awesome. If it’s not on your recipe bucket list, then put it on there right now.
Vegan Buffalo Mac N Cheese Sandwich
To make the wet batter for the "chicken" –
- Make a batch of your favorite vegan macaroni and cheese. Add hatch green chilis if desired. Set aside.
- Make a batch of The Vintage Vegan chicken. Let cool.
- Bring oil (either in dutch oven or pan) up to around 350 degrees.
- While the oil is heating up, dredge your Chick'n in the wet, then dry. Feel free to double dredge if you want.
- Once oil is up to 350, carefully add chicken. If deep frying leave in for about 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. If pan frying in oil, flip after 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Put on a cooling rack on top of a cookie sheet, adding a paper towel underneath the rack to catch the oil. Let it cool down enough to handle. Toss In Buffalo Sauce.
- Add to bun, top with Mac n' Cheese, PIckles and Vegan Ranch and enjoy!
- Nutritional information does not include the seitan chicken or macaroni and cheese