Vegan Beefy Skillet Lasagna. The perfect comfort food for a lazy weekend or a weeknight meal because it’s all cooked in one pan. Besides being so easy to make, it’s absolutely delish.
Recipe Contributor – Vegan Travel Eats (Instagram) Vegan Travel Eats (Website) Vegan Travel Eats (Facebook)
If you haven’t ever tried Beyond Meat, now is the time. I believe in this recipe when Valerie calls for “crumbles” she is referring to the actual crumbles you can buy frozen that are already Italian spiced. However, now Beyond Meat has come out with a “ground beef” product that you buy in 16 ounce sizes just as you would real beef (I hate even typing real beef – I’m so plantworthy!) Whichever product you choose to use, this recipe will turn out devine.
I’m not sure what it is about pasta that is just so hard to resist! It can be the heat of summer or the coldest part of winter and it’s just so darn hard to pass up. And Vegan Beefy Skillet Lasagna is one of those meals that you can’t pass up. You really need to try this recipe. It’s super easy and everything is done in one skillet!
So let’s review – Pasta, yum. Beyond Meat, yum yum. Cheesy gooey and comforting, YUMMMMMM!
Vegan Beefy Skillet Lasagna
- 10 ounces vegan beef crumbles I recommend Beyond Beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened vegan milk I used oat milk
- 2 cups marinara
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles broken into 1 ½ inch pieces, each noodle should be broken into about 5 pieces
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella don't be shy with the cheese
- 1 large handful of fresh spinach
- grated vegan parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Sauté the beefy crumble in a 12-inch pan according to package instructions.
- Add in garlic clove at the end, saute for another 30 seconds.
- Add in milk, marinara, noodles, nutritional yeast, and water, spreading out the noodles so they are mostly covered in liquid.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and lower the heat to a high simmer at medium-low heat. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring 3 times during the cooking process.
- Add in the mozzarella, stir to combine, cover and simmer for another 5 minutes. Check noodles for doneness, if they aren’t cooked through simmer for another 5 minutes.
- When they’re done, throw in the spinach, salt and pepper, stir to combine and cook until the spinach is wilted. Finish with grated parmesan cheese and serve!