Ultimate Vegan Fudge Brownies. Crackly top, fudgy center and pure chocolatey goodness without a single crazy ingredient in sight.
Recipe Contributor – Crazy Vegan Kitchen (Instagram) Crazy Vegan Kitchen (Website) Crazy Vegan Kitchen (Facebook)
As Amrita from Crazy Vegan Kitchen writes, “I’m a sucker for a good Fudge Brownie. In high school, I used to almost religiously stop by Mrs. Field’s to buy a Fudge Brownie that would then accompany me on my short walk home. Brownies are God, Brownies are life. Enter my Ultimate Vegan Fudge Brownies. If you look through the vast world of the interwebz, you’ll find hundreds of Vegan Brownie recipes. Sadly, many of these recipes are made “healthy”, or involve the addition of Bananas, Applesauce, Protein Powder and all sorts of other healthy hippie stuff.”
“Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for being healthy…but when I want my Fudge Brownies, I want them untouched and untainted. Unadulterated, big pieces of chunky chocolatey sin that go straight to my ever growing hips, please and thank you. Take your Banana, Applesauce, Protein Powder, Dates, Peanut Butter and everything else disgusting and throw it down the bin chute because I don’t have time for that nonsense.”
“One thing you must take note of is that these Vegan Fudge Brownies have to cool down entirely before you attempt to even cut them. As the Brownie cools, it firms up, giving it that fudgy texture. So be patient, and you will be rewarded. I usually make these the night before, let it cool in the tin for an hour, and then chuck it into the fridge so that it is ready to be cut into pieces the next morning. Vegan Fudge Brownies for breakfast, anyone?”
“Crackly top, fudgy center, my life is complete. Do yourself a favour and whip a batch of these up pronto (but please don’t blame me for the pounds it may add to your frame).”
Ultimate Vegan Fudge Browines
- 1.5 ounces Unsweetened chocolate I used 90%
- 6 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 tsp Instant Espresso Powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt scant amount
- 1/2 cup Boiling Water
- 1/3 cup Melted Refined Coconut Oil
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/8 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 ounces Vegan Dark Chocolate, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts
- Line a 8×8 inch baking tray with baking paper, and preheat your oven to 350F/175C.
- In a bowl, combine Cocoa Powder, Unsweetened Chocolate, Espresso Powder and Sea Salt. Pour boiling water over and whisk until you achieve a smooth chocolate lava.
- Add Coconut Oil, Sugar and Vanilla to the mixture and whisk to combine. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, add Flour and Baking Powder to the mixture and whisk till smooth. Fold in Dark Chocolate Chunks and Walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared tin and bake for 22 minutes. Remove from oven and leave to cool for 2 hours or until completely cool before cutting. I prefer to let the Brownies cool and then chill the entire pan in the fridge for 2 hours or so before cutting. This ensures that you get nice, clean and neat slices.
Looking for desserts? Try here!