Tofu Veggie Noodle Bowl with Ginger Nectarine Vinaigrette. Healthy veggies, yummy noodles and tofu all tossed with an incredible ginger nectarine vinaigrette. The perfect summer bowl!
Recipe Contributor – Janets Munch Meals (Instagram) Munch Meals by Janet (Website) Munch Meals by Janet (Facebook)
When you have leftover veggies and noodles, and want to take advantage of delicious nectarines too then you turn them into a super tasty, sweet and tangy vinaigrette. These ingredients came together in the most delectable way.
Are you familiar with the history of ginger? The Chinese were using ginger as far back as the 6th century B.C., and Arab traders introduced the spice to the Mediterranean before the 1st century A.D. Spanish settlers brought ginger to the New World in the 1500s.
Ginger has a long and honored tradition in folk medicine, and for good reason, according to modern research that is exploring the scientific basis for ginger’s effects. So far, it’s been know to help with nausea and motion sickness, migraines, and arthritis.
Plus we have the added benefit of tofu in this recipe. Did you know that volume for volume, soy contains more protein than beef, more calcium than milk, more lecithin than eggs, and more iron than beef? It’s a powerhouse of nutrition.
This bowl has all the wonderful fresh ingredients of summer. Also the yumminess of roasted asparagus and Brussels sprouts. AND not to mention the mushrooms, cucumber, and spinach. In addition it’s all tossed in a homemade yummy ginger nectarine vinaigrette.
I hope you enjoy the Tofu Veggie Noodle Bowl with Ginger Nectarine Vinaigrette. Because seriously, what’s not to enjoy?
Tofu Veggie Noodle Bowl with Ginger Nectarine Vinaigrette
- 1 package of your favorite noodles
- 1 block tofu, rinsed, pressed, and cut into 1 cm cubes
Salad (under vegetables)-
- 1 package fresh spinach (or your favorite greens)
- red chili flakes (optional)
- fresh mint (optional)
- 1 small package shiitake mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 small bag Brussels sprouts, rinsed, drained, patted dry and cut into halves
- 1 bunch asparagus, rinsed and trimmed (tough bottom end cut off)
- 1/2 seedless cucumber
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Saute cubed tofu and sliced shiitake mushrooms in bit of oil, browning on a few sides. Set aside when done.
- Roast Brussels sprouts and asparagus. Typically it's about 15 to 20 minutes in a 400 degree F oven. Set aside when done.
- Chop half of a seedless cucumber. Set aside.
- Cook the nectarine over medium-low heat with a dash of water for about 3 to 5 minutes covered, until very soft.
- Add the nectarine to the other vinaigrette ingredients and blend until smooth.
To Complete Bowl –
- Plate all the veggies over baby spinach or other greens, along with a bit of noodles.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over top.
- Top with red chili flakes and fresh mint.