Spicy Salad with Thai Chili Lime Dressing is fresh and definitely spicy with a hint of Asian flavors. Perfect for summer, it’s a salad that’s refreshing and packs a bit of a punch!
Recipe Contributor – SNCX Kitchen (Instagram) SNC’s Experimental Kitchen (Facebook)
As Sharon of SNCX Kitchen mentions, “One of the easiest meals to make when one is immobile is salads. Hobbling around the kitchen with my boot/cast, I managed to whip up this delicious crunchy salad.”
“The salad greens consist of Bright Farms beet greens and crunchy baby romaine. To this, I added tofu chips, roasted pecans, radish, bell pepper, lightly stir fried edamame w/ ground coriander, asparagus, cilantro & spicy serrano. Topping it all off is homemade Thai chili lime dressing.”
Are you familiar with the history of ginger? The Chinese were using ginger as far back as the 6th century B.C., and Arab traders introduced the spice to the Mediterranean before the 1st century A.D. Spanish settlers brought ginger to the New World in the 1500s.
Ginger has a long and honored tradition in folk medicine, and for good reason, according to modern research that is exploring the scientific basis for ginger’s effects. So far, it’s been know to help with nausea and motion sickness, migraines, and arthritis.
Spicy Salad with Thai Chili Lime Dressing is as beautiful and healthy as it is tasty. Give it a try. You’ll love it!
Spicy Salad with Thai Chili Lime Dressing
Salad – (see notes)
- 1 bag Bright Farms beet greens and crunchy baby romaine mix. Or any other salad mix that you prefer.
- tofu chips
- roasted pecans
- bell pepper
- lightly stir fried edamame w/ ground coriander
- spicy serrano
Thai Chili Lime Dressing –
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 4 to 5 tbsp Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- 3 to 4 tbsp maple syrup or other sweetener
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp finely minced garlic
- 1 tsp vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1/8 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp roasted sesame seeds
- 10 to 12 pieces of finely sliced orange rind
For Salad –
- Prepare salad and set aside.
For Thai Chili Lime Dressing –
- Whisk/Blend juices, chili sauce, syrup, ginger, garlic, mayonnaise, salt & sesame oil until smooth.
- Stream the oil in a thin stream into the mixture while whisking/blending.
- Add pepper, rind, sesame seeds.
- Whisk/blend briefly to mix the pepper, rind & seeds into the dressing.
- Serve with salad.
- Nutritional information is for the Thai Chili Lime Dressing only and does not include the salad.
- The ingredients listed for the salad have no exact measurements because you can add as little or as much of each item as you like.
- Salad dressing makes approximately 1 cup.