Red Lentil Chilli Sin Carne is just the hot dish you need for cool summer nights.
Recipe Contributor – El Gusto V
Red Lentil Chilli Sin Carne is a wonderfully spicy dish. Packed with protein and nutrients, it’s a must try!
Lentils are low in calories, rich in iron and folate and an excellent source of protein.
Lentils also pack health-promoting polyphenols and may reduce several heart disease risk factors.
Kidney beans are high in protein with almost 9 grams of protein per 3.5 ounces. They are high in fiber and contain considerable amounts of resistant starch, which may play a role in weight management.
Kidney beans are rich in folate, iron, copper, manganese, potassium, and vitamin K1.
And to top it off there is garlic in this recipe. Do you know the health benefits of garlic? It’s been said garlic may help lower high blood pressure and elevated blood cholesterol. Garlic may help prevent or fight certain cancers. It has antiviral and antibacterial properties which help prevent and fight infections. And garlic may alleviate nasal congestion.
Herbalists and folk healers have used garlic for thousands of years. Ancient Egyptian healers prescribed it to build physical strength, the Greeks used it as a laxative, and the Chinese traditionally used it to lower blood pressure.
Besides being a tasty treat, this recipe is packed full of nutrients. So make yourself a bowl today and enjoy all the healthy benefits while you’re eating.
Red Lentil Chilli Sin Carne
- Cut the onions and the garlic into small pieces and start heating some margarine or oil in a pot. Add the onions and a little bit later the garlic.
- When they are slightly roasted add the red lentils and let everything fry for 2 more minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and let everything simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes and the spices and let it cook for 10 more minutes.
- Cut the bell pepper and add it as well as the corn and the kidney beans.
After a few more minutes the chilli sin carne is ready.
- Top with some fresh chillies and spring onions and serve with rice or bread