Pumpkin Oatmeal is full of fall flavors. Besides being hearty and healthy, it’s a bowl of gorgeous goodness.
Recipe Contributor – Power Fuel Plants (Instagram)
It’s starting to look like Autumn! And Pumpkin Oatmeal is definitely one of those comforting warm breakfasts that you need on a cool Autumn morning.
Besides being absolutely yummy, this breakfast is full of nutrition. Eating oatmeal on a regular basis may reduce the risk of heart disease in women. The Nurses’ Health Study found that those who ate oatmeal five or more times per week had a heart disease risk reduction of 29 percent!
Oats also contain a unique blend of antioxidants, including the ones that prevent LDL cholesterol (the bad stuff) from being converted to the form that damages arteries. And Yale researchers have found that eating a large bowl of oatmeal may improve the harmful reduction in blood flow that happens after eating a high fat meal.
I could go on but by now you know oats are just plain good for you. But did you know there are many varieties of oats? There are oat groats, rolled oats, instant, and steel cut oats. So many healthy choices!
Do yourself a favor and make a big bowl of this Pumpkin Oatmeal. It’ll make your tummy and body happy…and healthy!
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup creamy buckwheat cereal using plant based milk
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1 whole star anise
- 2 dates filled with peanut butter optional toppings
- goji berries optional toppings
- vegan chocolate chips optional toppings
- pepita seeds optional toppings
- cacao nibs optional toppings
- Combine all ingredients and simmer to desired thickness! The aroma was permeating my kitchen, smelled so good!
- Top with any or all additional toppings.
- Nutritional Information is only for oatmeal. It does not include any of the additional toppings.
Looking for breakfast recipes? Try here!