Perfect Pico de Gallo. You’re craving Mexican food. You break out the avocado, which is always a must. But it just needs something to kick it up a notch. A little heat, a dose of fresh, a tang of lime. My friends, Perfect Pico de Gallo is the simple, quick and oh so delicious answer. Super fresh. Healthy. Tasty. Plant Based. Gluten Free. How can you go wrong?
Recipe Contributor – It’s All About Vegan
Perfect Pico de Gallo
- 1 cup diced Garden Tomatoes (seeds and pulp removed before dicing)
- 3/4 cup diced Sweet Onion
- 2 Green Onions, diced
- 1 Fresh Jalapeno, diced (remove more seeds and stem for less heat)
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- Leaves from 3 stems of Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Lime, juiced
- Remove pulp and seeds from 3 garden tomatoes. Dice remaining flesh. Should be approximately 1 cup. Place into mixing bowl.
- Add onion, green onions, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, salt, and lime juice into mixing bowl. Fold together gently with spoon or spatula.
- Serve immediately or place in refrigerator for later.
- Makes approximately 2 cups.
- Great as an appetizer with tortilla chips, or use as a condiment on almost any Mexican dish.
- Keeps in refrigerator for 5 to 7 days.