A cool take on a warm favorite, Peach Blueberry Crumble Smoothie Bowl is reminiscent of a baked crumble, ready in 5 minutes, and has no added sugar.
Recipe Contributor – Veganvida23
Peach Blueberry Crumble Smoothie bowl is a healthy bowl perfect for a warm spring or summer morning. Plus you can use the leftovers to make smoothie frozen bars. Just add the blueberries to the smoothie mixture, fold in and freeze.
Have you heard how healthy blueberries are? Blueberries are a good source of dietary fiber and an excellent source of antioxidants. They have vitamin C and iron. Blueberries may protect against some intestinal upsets and help prevent urinary tract infections. Blueberries contain anthocyanins, which may help prevent heart disease and cancer and may help with memory loss.
Peaches are a good source of beta carotene, useful amounts of vitamin C and potassium, and are a good source of dietary fiber.
And the benefits of flax seeds? It’s a great source of soluble fiber, can help lower cholesterol levels and consequently lower heart disease risk. Studies at the University of Toronto showed that 25 to 50 grams of flax per day helped lower blood cholesterol significantly.
And with this recipe, you get two treats in one. Can’t pass that up!
Peach Blueberry Crumble Smoothie Bowl
- 1 small Frozen Banana
- 1 Peach
- 1 Nectarine
- 1 Mango
- Splash of Coconut Water
- Blend all ingredients into smooth. Pour into bowls.
- There are no measurements because you can use as much or as little of the listed ingredients as you like! A guideline would be a handful of blueberries, wheat and rice flakes, and almonds. A sprinkle of flax seeds, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Eat immediately while it’s cool and refreshing.
Frozen Bars –
- Use the smoothie ingredients and instructions. After blending, fold in the blueberries (no other toppings).
- Place into molds, insert popsicle stick, and freeze until frozen.
- If you want your smoothie thicker, once blended place in refrigerator for an hour or two.
- Sugar in nutritional information is natural fruit sugar, not add or refined sugar.
Looking for dessert ideas? Look here!