One-Pot Spaghetti with Roasted Cauliflower is one of those recipes you LOVE because the spaghetti is all in one pot. Add roasted cauliflower to the spaghetti cooked in a tangy tomato sauce, and you have a meal that will please the entire family.
Recipe Contributor – Yummy Yatra (Instagram)
Ah Pasta. The forever comfort food. I love the fact that it can basically be eaten plain with just a smidge of olive oil and herbs, or totally covered with sauce. I truly believe pasta has to be one of the all time greatest food inventions, right? I mean seriously. And all done in one pot? That’s a cook’s dream come true.
Roasted Cauliflower. I love roasted vegetables. The texture, the taste, the freshness. Not to mention that roasting helps the vegetables keep more nutrients as opposed to boiling or frying the vegetables.
And speaking of nutrients, this recipe is packed with them. Tomatoes are a useful source of vitamin C, beta carotene, folate and potassium. Plus tomatoes are a good source of lycopene, an antioxidant that protects against some cancers.
Then on top of it all here comes cauliflower, which is rich in vitamin C and folate. A cup of raw cauliflower florets has more than 50 percent of the Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) of vitamin C, 15 percent of the RDA for folate, and reasonable amounts of potassium and vitamin B6. It also has bioflavonoids, indoles, and other chemicals that protect against cancer.
One-Pot Spaghetti with Roasted Cauliflower. Healthy, easy to cook, and will make the hungriest of tummies happy.
One-Pot Spaghetti with Roasted Cauliflower
Roasted Cauliflower –
- 16 ounces dry pasta
- 4 cups water
- 16 ounces ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large leek, trimmed, the white & pale green part diced
- 7 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes more or less, according to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 tbsp cashew parmesan or vegan parmesan of your choice
Roasted Cauliflower –
- Cut the cauliflower into florets, wash them thoroughly.
- Heat a cast iron skillet & add 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add the cauliflower to the skillet, sprinkle some salt, pepper, dried basil leaves, cashew parmesan on the cauliflower.
- Sprinkle some water on the cauliflower, cover, cook on medium-high for about 3-4 min or until golden-brown.
- Uncover and flip the florets to cook further, cover, cook again until golden-brown. Make sure the cauliflower stems are cooked through & charred but still holding their shape. This whole process takes about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Once the cauliflower florets are done cooking, turn off heat & drizzle 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice over them. Transfer to a bowl & set aside for use later.
- Combine spaghetti, tomatoes, diced leek, water, crushed garlic, red-pepper flakes, olive oil, some salt, and water in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring & turning pasta frequently until it is al dente/water has nearly evaporated. Turn off heat.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper & add cashew parmesan and fresh torn basil.
- Divide pasta into serving bowls, top with roasted cauliflower.
Looking for Italian food? Try here!