No-Bake Brownies are decadent bites of a delicious Vegan dessert. Topped with ganache made from dark chocolate and coconut milk, this will be your new “go to” brownie recipe.
Recipe Contributor – Harvest Cooked (website) Harvest Cooked (Instagram)
Did you know that the returning crew of Columbus’s fourth voyage in 1502 brought the first cocoa beans from the New World to Europe? The Spanish eventually combined them with vanilla, and other flavorings such as sugar and milk. One writer noted at the time that people “would die for” this wonderful new flavor.
For the first couple of centuries chocolate was served only as a beverage. The stimulant effect of chocolate, due to its caffeine content, were thought to make it a particularly useful food for soldiers standing watch during the night.
The chocolate bar, first marketed in about 1910, captured the public’s imagination when it was issues to the U.S. armed forces as a “fighting food” during World War II.
Chocolate is make from the beans found in the pods that grow on the cocoa tree, an evergreen that originated in the river valleys of South America.
Benefits of chocolate? Chocolate can elevate moods, it contains various antioxidants, and it tastes great!
So now you have a little history to think about when you’re making these delicious No-Bake Brownies.
- 1 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup cacao
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup nut butter (I used PB, sub Tahini if nut free)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 drops stevia (or 1 tbsp sweetener of choice)
- 2 tbsp liquid sweetener
- 2 tbsp liquid coconut oil
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (pref chilled, just always store in the fridge)
- Mix the dry ingredients (first 3) in a deep bowl, whisk until combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir + kneed until fully combined.
- Add batter to a tin and spread out with the back end of a spoon/spatula until even.
- Allow to rest in the fridge while making the ganache.
- Add all ingredients and heat over low heat until chocolate is melted.
- Mix well until smooth, allow to chill and firm in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- The 1 minute cook time is just a place holder so Google will stop telling me I’m missing “cook time.” 🙂 There is no cook time on no-bake brownies.
Looking for dessert? Look here!