Hummus Roasted Veggie Bowl is full of roasted sweet potatoes, eggplant and asparagus. Add a big ol spoonful of hummus in the middle, and you’ve just created an incredibly tasty bowl full of healthiness!
Recipe Contributor – Over Ordering In (Instagram) Over Ordering In (Website) Over Ordering In (Facebook)
Hummus and roasted vegetables. That is all. Ha! Just kidding but seriously, it could be all, am I right? This bowl is not only delicious it’s PACKED with nutrients!
Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of beta carotene, an antioxidant precursor to vitamin A. On average, one medium sweet potato provides more than 100% of the RDA (recommended daily allowance) for vitamin A, about 33% RDA for vitamin C, 20% RDA for vitamin B6, 400 milligrams of potassium, along with folate and some iron.
Sweet potatoes also contain plant sterols, which are cholesterol lowering compounds. If you also eat the skin, you get the soluble fiber pectin, which also may help control cholesterol.
And Asparagus….love it! Did you know that the ancient Greeks and Romans thought that asparagus possessed medicinal qualities curing everything from rheumatism to toothaches? None have been proven, however, asparagus does contain folate, vitamin C, vitamin B6, and potassium.
Eggplant is basically just delicious. Doesn’t have a lot of nutritional value but who the heck cares when you already have tons from other veggies? Plus eggplant is SO delicious!
Whip up a hummus roasted veggie bowl before the weather turns cooler. Your tummy will thank you.
Hummus Roasted Veggie Bowl
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut the sweet potato and the eggplant into 1/2in cubes. Place in one layer on baking sheet.
- Peel the cloves of garlic and add them (whole) to the pan. Add 2 Tablespoons olive oil and salt and pepper (to taste) and toss well.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While the sweet potato and eggplant are roasting, heat a pan over med/high heat and add 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Add trimmed asparagus to the pan.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic powder (to taste) over the asparagus and cook for about 8-10 minutes (moving the stalks around to make sure all sides get heat) or until bright green and can be pierced with a fork.
- Squeeze lemon juice (to taste) over the asparagus when done.
- Layer the roasted sweet potatoes, eggplant and asparagus over a bowl of the mixed greens and top with hummus. I added more lemon juice over it all too.
More recipes from Over Ordering In!