Harvest Salad with Apple Cider and Maple Vinaigrette takes all the yummy freshness of salad and combines it with the flavors of Autumn.
Recipe Contributor – Better Food Guru (Instagram) Better Food Guru (Website) Better Food Guru (Facebook)
There is just nothing like a BIG salad. I’m not sure if you’ve ever seen the Seinfeld episode about Elaine and “the big” salad, but when you want a salad, nothing else will do.
And now that we’re into the cooler months and pumpkins, squash, soups, and hearty pastas are on everyone’s mind, sometimes your body just says, “Enough! where’d the green stuff go?” So off you go to grab all your fresh veggies and make the big salad.
But what if you could combine the warm comforting feeling of Autumn with the fresh healthiness of summer? You can! Harvest Salad with Apple Cider and Maple Vinaigrette does just that. Raw and roasted veggies to include Brussels sprouts and squash, all tossed together with a sweet yummy dressing.
Until recently, I had no clue that a Brussels sprout was actually named after Brussels.
The things you learn while writing a blog! I seriously didn’t know they were named after Brussels, Belgium. But apparently although they are native to the Mediterranean region, Brussels sprouts first appeared in northern Europe during the fifth century. Later, in the 13th century, they were cultivated near Brussels, from where they derived their name.
I don’t remember eating Brussels sprouts until a few years ago, and I know as a child in Texas we never had them. Another reason to love working on a food blog. I learn so much about all the different cuisines from around the world.
This salad is a winner. Definitely make one before the weather turns too cold. Remember – eat all the colors of the rainbow! And add in some autumn veggies because after all, it’s fall y’all!
And if you’re looking for more salads, simple click on the “salads” on the recipes page, or use the search tool to the right of the top menu. Or even better, click here and it’ll take you to all the salads listed.
Harvest Salad with Apple Cider and Maple Vinaigrette
Veggie for this salad –
- delicata squash roasted
- purple Brussels sprouts roasted
- kale massaged with a squeeze of lemon and a few drops of olive oil before adding to the other salad ingredients
- Persian cucumbers sliced
- baby bell peppers sliced
- watermelon radish sliced
- sweet corn
Roasted Veggies –
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Cut Brussels sprouts in half. De seed delicata squash and cut into half moons.
- Toss with a few drops of olive oil and sea salt. Place on a sheet pan and roast in the oven for 15 minutes turning over halfway through.
Veggies in the salad –
- Prepare and place as much or as little as you like. Make it YOUR salad.
- Combine roasted veggies with raw veggies.
Apple Cider and Maple Vinaigrette –
- Combine all ingredients in a jar and close the top. Shake the jar well. Open and taste for desired sweetness. Adjust accordingly.
- Toss with salad. Enjoy!
- Nutritional information is for salad dressing only since the salad ingredients and amounts will vary.