Grilled Zucchini Tortellini is a perfect pasta for summer. Fresh grilled zucchini on top of pre-packaged tortellini make this a quick, yummy recipe that satisfies tummies yet won’t heat up your kitchen.
Recipe Contributor – Tisha’s Veggie Eats (Instagram)
Ah Pasta. The forever comfort food. I love the fact that it can basically be eaten plain with just a smidge of olive oil and herbs, or totally covered with sauce. I truly believe pasta has to be one of the all time greatest food inventions, right? I mean seriously. Who can go a month without eating pasta? If so, I want to hear about it in the comments below!
It’s summer right now, and hot. But we still want pasta! So how can we transform that ever loving comfort food into a lighter summertime favorite? By adding grilled zucchini!
A fresh, yummy grilled vegetable is just the trick to transform tortellini into a summer delight. Plus, with this recipe, it’s all ready in under 30 minutes.
This is a quick and easy meal for a hectic weeknight meal. Besides being absolutely delicious, it’s bright and colorful. Everything you need for a perfect summer meal!
Grilled Zucchini Tortellini
- 1 9 ounce package Vegan Tortellini (I used Kite Hill)
- 1 small jar Vegan Pasta Sauce (I used garlic and herb flavored)
- 2 handfuls Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 medium Zucchini, sliced
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Red Crushed Pepper
- avocado oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook your pasta according to the instructions. Drain & set aside.
- In the same pot, add in enough pasta sauce as desire and add your spinach. Cook until the spinach is wilted. Add in your pasta and mix evenly.
- For the grilled zucchini, prep & slice it. Then in a grill pan, spray some avocado oil & add in your zucchini slices. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Let it sit for 2-3 mins before flipping. Spray again & add more salt & pepper. You can also do the same on a regular pan but won’t get those grill marks.
- Serve your pasta with the zucchini, some sliced cherry tomatoes, microgreens, & red crushed pepper.