Green Goddess Rainbow Summer Salad is an outstandingly colorful and tasty summer salad full of healthy vegetables and topped with a delicious avocado green goddess dressing. A perfect salad for saying goodbye to Summer and hello to Fall!
Recipe Contributor – Better Food Guru (Instagram) Better Food Guru (Website) Better Food Guru (Facebook)
Ah the days of Autumn are fast approaching. I personally love the Fall season. Cooler days, leaves changing color, and finally the desire to cook cook cook because it’s not so darn hot outside!
Before we progress in Autumn, let’s finish all those yummy farmer’s market fresh veggies with this Green Goddess Rainbow Summer Salad. This beautiful creation is PACKED full of yummy healthiness. And the salad dressing? YUM! Avocado Green Goddess dressing is so simple to make yet adds just the desired taste to any salad.
Did you know that the origin of salad goes all the way back to the Roman Empire? According to the Oxford Dictionary of Food and Drink in America, salad was popularized during the Roman Empire. It first appeared in the form of raw leafy vegetables covered in salty, oily dressing. (Indeed, the word salad comes from sal, the Latin word for salt.) So forget the fact that the Greeks and Romans invented aqueducts and philosophy, they gave us salad!
Green Goddess Rainbow Summer Salad
Salad Veggies –
- Escarole, chopped
- Chicory, chopped
- Endive, chopped
- Red Cabbage, shredded
- Red and Yellow Fresh Baby Bell Peppers, sliced
- Garden Tomatoes, chopped
- Persian Cucumbers, sliced
- Corn cut off the cooked corn cob
- Watermelon Radishes, sliced
- Avocado, sliced
Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 tsp white miso
- 1 squeeze fresh lemon juice
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Avocado Green Goddess Dressing –
- In a high speed blender, combine avocado, miso, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Blend until all ingredients are combined.
- Add water, one teaspoon at a time, and blend until desired consistency.
For Salad –
- Combines all the veggies listed. Use as many or as little as you like to make it your own! Feel free to substitute any veggies that you might have on hand.
- Plate the salad in bowls and pour Avocado Green Goddess salad dressing over the top.
- Nutritional information is for the Avocado Green Goddess dressing only since you can use as many or as little of the vegetables as you like.
Looking for yummy fresh salads? Try here!