Green Goddess Chickpea Salad Wraps are filled with chickpeas and a creamy dairy-free fresh herb dressing. No oven or stove required. The perfect summer recipe!
Recipe Contributor – The Vegan Sara (Instagram)
Green Goddess Chickpea Salad Wraps. I’m not even sure where to begin because this is just such an amazing recipe!
Let’s talk about one of it’s ingredients. Do you know the health benefits of garlic? It’s been said garlic may help lower high blood pressure and elevated blood cholesterol. Garlic may help prevent or fight certain cancers. It has antiviral and antibacterial properties which help prevent and fight infections. And garlic may alleviate nasal congestion.
Herbalists and folk healers have used garlic for thousands of years. Ancient Egyptian healers prescribed it to build physical strength, the Greeks used it as a laxative, and the Chinese traditionally used it to lower blood pressure.
As Sara of The Vegan Sara writes, “I was inspired to veganize a recipe I found @bonappetitmag that used canned tuna as the main ingredient. In my opinion, the best vegan swap for tuna is to mash chickpeas. When mashed, chickpeas become flaky with a tuna like texture.”
“I discovered this method about four years ago from one of my first vegan cookbooks. If you have yet to try chickpeas this way, give it a try, or better yet try this Green Goddess Salad Wraps recipe!”
“According to my 9 year old, “mommy, this is not just good, it’s great!”
Green Goddess Chickpea Salad Wraps
Chickpea Salad –
- 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 dill pickle, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1/4 cup vegan sour cream
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- wraps of your choice (gluten free if following a gf diet)
Chickpea Salad –
- Mash chickpeas with potato masher/back of fork in a mixing bowl, add chopped celery, green onion, pickles, & garlic, mix well.
- In a blender, combine rest of the ingredients till smooth.
- Add dressing to chickpea mix. I wrapped mine in lavash and topped it with some cucumbers that I waffle cut.
Looking for salads? Click here!