Crispy Buffalo Chickpea Salad with Tahini Ranch is just what it says. Delicious spicy, crunchy chickpeas mixed with your favorite greens and topped with a creamy, dreamy tahini ranch dressing.
Recipe Contributor – The Little Almond (Instagram) The Little Almond (Website) The Little Almond (Facebook)
I LOVE CHICKPEAS! Seriously, they are about the best gift ever from Mother Nature. You can buy a can, drain it, and eat them right out of the can or toss them into a salad. You can roast canned chickpeas in the oven at 400 F for 20 minutes and come out with yummy hot meaty morsels of tastiness. And on top of that you can add whatever spices you want when roasting the chickpeas.
Not to mention they are often used as a meat substitute like in Meatless Meatloaf. I’ve used them in my own version of vegan gyros (no recipe yet but it’s coming!). You can also smash and mash them and add an avocado, little lemon or lime juice, garlic salt, and have a quickie sandwich spread.
Not to mention aquafaba. I had NO clue what aquafaba was a few months ago and then I learned of it’s magical powers. Ok, it’s not really magic but it’s pretty cool.
Aquafaba is the leftover liquid from cooked chickpeas.
You can easily use the liquid from canned chickpeas, or you can make it yourself by cooking your own chickpeas and reserving the leftover liquid. Aquafaba can be used as an egg replacement, or whipped and used as egg white replacements, or super duper whipped and used as meringues.
As you can tell by now, I am a chickpea fan! But enough of that. This Crispy Buffalo Chickpea Salad with Tahini Ranch is just what you need, anytime of day, month or year. It’s not a seasonal dish so feel free on New Year’s Day to eat a big ol healthy salad. Might as well start the New Year off right!
Looking for more recipes with yummy chickpeas? Search for chickpeas in the top menu, or simply click here.
And did you know you can search and find recipes by your favorite recipe contributor? Use the search field at the right of the top menu, then enter the name you’re searching for. Pretty cool!
Crispy Buffalo Chickpea Salad with Tahini Ranch
Crispy Buffalo Chickpeas –
Tahini Ranch –
Veggies for Salad
- Kale, Spinach, Tomatoes, Carrots, etc basically whatever veggies you like in your salad
Crispy Buffalo Chickpeas –
- Preheat your oven to 375F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas. Lay them out on a tea towel and and gently dry your chickpeas.
- Transfer your chickpeas to a bowl and add in your olive oil. Toss it around until they're evenly coated. Bake in the oven for 20 Minutes.
- To make the buffalo sauce, mix your hot sauce with the melted butter.
- After 20 minutes, take your chickpeas out of the oven and transfer them to a large bowl. Add half your buffalo sauce to the bowl and toss until evenly coated.
- Transfer chickpeas back on the baking tray and continue to bake again for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove from the oven again and coat the chickpeas again with the rest of your buffalo sauce plus the smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Transfer to a baking tray and bake one more time for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool. While it's cooling make the Tahini Ranch Dressing.
Tahini Ranch –
- Add your tahini, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice to a blender, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Blend until combined.
- Add 1 Tbsp of water at a time until you get a smooth and salad dressing like consistency. You don't want it too thick, but you also don't want it too watery. In between is perfect!
- Add the chopped parsely, chopped dill, and chopped chives to the blender and pulse until evenly mixed throughout the sauce. If you blend it, your sauce may turn a tint of green.
- Assemble your salad with whatever veggies: kale, spinach, tomatoes, carrots, etc. Top off with your Crispy Buffalo Chickpeas and drizzle over your Tahini Ranch Dressing. Dig in and enjoy!
- Nutritional information only includes chickpeas and tahini dressing. It does not contain the vegetables you would include in your own salad.