Fresh sauteed vegetables, baked tofu, udon noodles all covered in a creamy almond butter sauce. I don’t think life gets any better.
Recipe Contributor – That_SassyVegan
This recipe is so easy to make. For the vegetables, saute any fresh that you have on hand. I used onion, bell pepper, garlic, shredded oyster mushrooms, carrots, broccoli, sugar snap peas and enoki mushrooms. As you can see, I keep a LOT of fresh vegetables handy. If you don’t have fresh, break out the frozen, thaw, and get ready!
Bake a batch of your favorite tofu, grab your favorite Udon noodles, toss it ALL together with the creamy almond butter sauce and you’ll have a meal for two that’ll leave even the hungriest of tummies satisfied.
Creamy Almond Butter Udon Noodles
Creamy Almond Butter Sauce –
For the Vegetables – Use any fresh vegetables that you enjoy.
- In a large skillet or wok, saute your favorite vegetables until cooked. The sauce makes enough for 2 so only cook enough vegetables for two people.
- Heat a batch of your favorite baked tofu and add to the vegetables.
- Cook Udon noodles according to package directions and add to skillet
- In a blender, add the first 5 ingredients and blend. Add a few tablespoons water until desired consistency.
- Pour sauce over vegetables, tofu and noodles, heat and stir. Serve immediately.
- Serves 2
- If watching sodium intake use a low sodium soy sauce
- I suggest 1 tbsp chili sauce but this will be spicy. If spice is an issue add 1/4 or 1/2 a tbsp first, blend then taste. You can always add in more if it’s not spicy enough.