Choco Pretzel Banana Bread is banana bread covered with crunchy salty pretzels and rich chocolate chips. Drizzle a creamy peanut butter sauce over the top and you have heaven in a baking dish.
Recipe Contributor – Harvest Cooked (website) Harvest Cooked (Instagram)
As Amy of Harvest Cooked writes, “Choco Pretzel Banana Bread was invented when I came home after a few days at my boyfriends place and saw those spotty ripe bananas… I knew I had to do something with them!”
“The day before we had made a Vegan Banana Bread for my boyfriend but it was made with wheat flour. So I knew I had to come up with an equally, if not better, recipe that was gluten free.”
“I went through my kitchen trolly and found this tiny package of salted gluten free pretzels sitting next to some Vegan choco chips. Now, this could be interesting!”
“And interesting it surely was! Served it up with my favourite 2 ingredient creamy peanut butter sauce. This recipe is not for the weak, but the strong will survive. Scroll down for access and let the games begin!”
This recipe is one of the all time favorites here on It’s All About Vegan. It’s definitely a must try.
Choco Pretzel Banana Bread
Creamy Peanut Butter Sauce –
- 2 tbsp runny smooth peanut butter (warmed)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
Dry Ingredients –
- 1 cup buckwheat flour (if you don't like buckwheat, you can substitute all purpose gf flour)
- 1/2 cup almond flour (sub more oat flour if nut-free)
- 1/4 cup oat flour (finely ground)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup pretzels (gluten free if necessary)
- 1/4 cup Vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, mash the bananas and then add the wet ingredients. Blend well.
- And the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to incorporate. Break the pretzels. Add broken pretzels and chocolate chips to batter. Stir.
- Transfer batter to the loaf pan. Place the pan in the center of the oven and bake for 40 to 60 minutes. Keep checking the bread because it depends on your oven as to how fast it will bake. The upper crust must be crispy golden and the inside dry to prick with a fork but still tender and slightly mushy.
- Once done, remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before removing from loaf pan.
- Heat peanut butter and mix with coconut milk until the desired consistency.
- Drizzle over loaf.
- Keeps in refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Freezes well.
- If you don’t like pretzels, replace with nuts or seeds.
Looking for something sweet to eat? Click here!