Burst Tomato and Asparagus Pasta is full of fresh flavor. Cherry tomatoes cooked with garlic, mixed with roasted asparagus, and tossed together with your favorite pasta. With just 8 ingredients and 30 minutes of your time, Burst Tomato and Asparagus Pasta makes a great quick and healthy weeknight meal.
Recipe Contributor – It’s All About Vegan
Ah pasta. That oh so yummy comfort food we all crave. Thank goodness for Italy right? And with Burst Tomato and Asparagus Pasta you can use any of your favorite long pastas (angel hair, spaghetti, linguini). To make it Gluten Free just choose one of your favorite GF pastas. I personally love Banza Chickpea Pasta because of all the added protein from the chickpeas. Plus it has a slightly more hearty kinda nutty flavor to me.
I really like roasted asparagus. Not too fond of boiled or canned, but love it when it has that roasted texture to it. Plus it is SO easy to cook! And with this recipe, while you are roasting the asparagus you can be cooking the tomatoes with the garlic. Don’t you love it when you can easily multi task while cooking?
YUM!!! Look at the colors all mixed together and playing nice with the pasta. Ok, I’m finishing now because this makes me want to go eat a BIG bowl of this yummy stuff. Try it, you won’t be disappointed!
Burst Tomato and Asparagus Pasta
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and dry asparagus. Chop thick bottoms off (about 1 inch off the bottom of each stem).
- Line a baking pan with foil. Take the asparagus and place onto the foil. Sprinkle about 1 to 2 teaspoons of olive oil over asparagus. With your hands, blend the olive oil all over every stalk.
- Arrange the stalks evenly on the pan and in one layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place into the 400 degree oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until desired texture is reached. (thinner stalks will take less time to cook while thicker stalks will take more time)
- While asparagus is roasting, place the olive oil, tomatoes and garlic into a dutch oven (or skillet that is deep and has sides) and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until most of the tomatoes have popped and burst. Add the Italian herbs and cook one more minute. Remove from heat.
- While the asparagus and tomatoes are cooking, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- Chop the cooked asparagus into bite size pieces and put into a large mixing bowl. Add the tomato mixture and fold together.
- Plate the pasta and top with the burst tomatoes and asparagus. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serves 8
- You may want more pasta with the tomato asparagus sauce or more sauce with your pasta. I suggest plating the pasta first then topping with the sauce mixture so you can the correct ratio that suits your taste.
- Really tasty if you top with your favorite plant based cheese (parmesan, feta, mozzarella).
- Keeps refrigerated for up to a week.
- Does not freeze well.