Basil Pesto Pasta is full of fresh basil and garlic. It’s quick, easy, and has all the homemade healthy goodness you want for yourself and your family. It’s hearty and full of flavor.
Recipe Contributor – It’s All About Vegan
Basil Pesto Pasta freezes really well (which is totally awesome!). So when it’s a weeknight and you’re running out of time but need something healthy and hearty, all you have to do is set it out to thaw. I use small 1 cup containers for freezing so I know exactly how much I need to set out. When freezing, after you’ve put the pesto into containers (don’t fill the container all they way to the top) pour a little olive oil on top of the pesto, then place plastic wrap down into the container on top of the olive oil, then close with the lid. This keeps all the air out and the pesto fresh. Now anytime you need fresh pesto you are ready. Just toss with your favorite Gluten Free Pasta and you have a winner of a meal!
Easily made Gluten Free by using your favorite Gluten Free Pasta.
Basil Pesto Pasta
- 4.5 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1.5 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Vegan Parmesan
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 7 cloves garlic, chopped (use fresh)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 8 ounces pasta (for this recipe and nutritional information I used Banza Gluten Free pasta)
For the Pesto –
- Place half the basil and all the nuts, garlic, salt and pepper into a food processor and process for a few seconds until basil breaks down. Add rest of basil and repeat. Slowly pour the olive oil through the feed tube and process until pesto is pureed. Add Parmesan and process until blended.
- Depending on how much pesto you want with your pasta, (I suggest 1 cup per 6 to 8 ounces of pasta) save and place into mixing bowl. If you’re not going to use the rest in a few days then freeze immediately. Follow freezing (same for storing in refrigerator) instructions in recipe post.
For the Pasta –
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- Put pasta into mixing bowl with pesto and fold. After serving, sprinkle with additional Parmesan and/or additional pine nuts.