Homemade granola is one of my favorite things to make. It’s easy, delicious, and makes your home smell AMAZING while it’s cooking. This granola recipe is superior to all of my other granola recipes. It causes my whole apartment to smell like my grandma’s homemade banana nut bread. Along with the smell, MAJOR nostalgic vibes and childhood memories fill my thoughts. For me, this granola is comfort food.
Recipe Contributor – Vegan All The Thyme
Aside from all the ‘feels’ this Banana Nut Bread Granola recipe gives me personally, I know it’ll bring you joy too. It consists of only 8 ingredients, and you probably have all of them in your kitchen. It’s a quick “whip up” recipe because you can make it make in just 30 minutes.
Despite an absence of oil in the recipe, this granola still comes out SUPER crunchy.
My two favorite ways to enjoy the granola are:
- In a big bowl of almond milk with fresh bananas and berries
- Yogurt parfait style, with lots of fresh fruit and chocolate chips
The Best Banana Nut Bread Granola will stay good in your fridge for up to 3 weeks, but trust me, it won’t last that long.
The Best Banana Nut Bread Granola
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Completely mash up your ripe banana and all of the above ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir thoroughly.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat and spread a thin layer of the mixture onto each pan. (About 1/2 inch thick)
- Bake for 24-29 minutes. The granola is ready when you see the edges turn golden brown. I like my granola big and chunky. So, I do not mix it up during the cooking process, but if you prefer crumble granola and mix it up on the pan halfway through cooking.
- Lightly toss the mixture and let it cool for at least 15 minutes before serving. Letting the granola cool allows it to crisp up! Once cool you can continue to crunch it up and toss, and finally enjoy!
- If you have a gluten allergy, be sure to get certified gluten-free ingredients!