Banana Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes. 9 ingredients, 1 bowl. Super tasty and just as easy. Wonderfully Plant Based, Gluten Free, Oil Free, and Oat Free.
Recipe Contributor – It’s All About Vegan
Ahhhhhh pancakes, probably one of the most popular comfort foods created.
And if you choose a complete protein grain, such as buckwheat, then the oh so yummy comfort food now turns into a nutritious food. Comfort food that’s healthy? Banana Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes are healthy AND comforting. Win win!!!
Buckwheat is one of the healthiest, nuttiest, most versatile whole grains. And despite its name, it’s really not related to wheat at all. Buckwheat is actually the seed of a flowering fruit that is related to rhubarb and sorrel. It’s completely gluten-free and unrelated to wheat and all the grasses in the wheat family. Buckwheat consumption is linked with several health benefits, including improved blood sugar control and heart health.
Have you heard how healthy blueberries are? Blueberries are a good source of dietary fiber and an excellent source of antioxidants. They have vitamin C and iron. Blueberries may protect against some intestinal upsets and help prevent urinary tract infections. Blueberries contain anthocyanins, which may help prevent heart disease and cancer and may help with memory loss.
Banana Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour Gluten Free
- 1/2 cup Buckwheat Flour
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar or light brown sugar
- 1.5 Tsp Baking Powder Gluten Free
- .5 Tsp Salt
- .5 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup Pure Maple Syrup optional
- Blueberries for topping optional
- Vegan Chocolate Chips for topping optional
- Almond Butter for topping optional
- Combine first 8 ingredients and hand whisk together in a mixing bowl until blended.
- Mix in mashed banana.
- Spoon a 1/4 to 1/2 a cup of batter for each pancake onto a hot nonstick skillet or griddle. (more makes bigger pancakes, less makes smaller pancakes).
- Turn pancakes when tops start to bubble (about 1 to 2 minutes). Flip and repeat.
- Add toppings (optional).
- Serves 4 (serving size 3 pancakes)
- Serve warm with added banana and maple syrup for optimal taste.
- Keep leftovers in refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
- Freezes well (Great for meal prepping!)
Looking for breakfast ideas? Look here!