Avocado Toast with Tamari Mushrooms. Toasted (GF) bread with creamy mashed avocado & tamari mushrooms. So yummy, quick and simple. Everyday eating APPROVED.
Recipe Contributor – Harvest Cooked (website) Harvest Cooked (Instagram)
Let’s talk about some of the healthy foods in this recipe!
Avocados are a great source of folate, vitamin A, potassium, protein, iron, magnesium, and vitamins C, E, and B6. Plus they are rich in monounsaturated oil, the same heart-friendly fat found in olive oil, and have more soluble fiber than any other fruit.
Mushrooms are a favorite to use as “meat” in a meal. Extremely low in calories (a half cup contains only 10 calories) mushrooms are virtually fat free and a valuable source of dietary fiber. They provide good amounts of potassium, selenium, riboflavin, thiamin, folate, b6, and zinc. They are also one of the best plant based sources of niacin. Three ounces of portobello mushrooms provide almost 20 percent of the daily niacin requirement.
Avocado Toast with Tamari Mushrooms is a healthy breakfast or brunch. And it’s simple enough for the kiddos to whip up for Mom on Mother’s Day. What a great surprise! Can’t go wrong with making Mom happy.
Avocado Toast with Tamari Mushrooms
- 2 pieces gluten free bread, toasted
- 4 fresh mushrooms, rinsed and sliced
- A couple of dashes of tamari
- 1 avocado
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp Vegan mayo or olive oil (optional)
- 1 tbsp green onion, diced (optional)
- Lay mushrooms on a plate and sprinkle with a few dashes of tamari. Let the mushrooms marinate for a couple of minutes until the tamari soaks into the mushrooms.
- While the mushrooms are marinating, mash all the other ingredients together.
- Spread each slice of toast with avocado mixture then top with tamari mushroom slices. Sprinkle with your favorite toppings.
Looking for more breakfast recipes? Look here!