Avocado Rose Veggie Bowl is a beautiful bowl full of Mustard BBQ Roasted Cauliflower, Buffalo Chickpeas, Sweet Potato Rounds, and finished off with an Avocado Rose. Need I say more?
Recipe Contributor – Over Ordering In (Instagram) Over Ordering In (Website) Over Ordering In (Facebook)
Avocado Rose Veggie Bowl. Everytime I type that name I think of the Rose Bowl and football games, cooler weather, and of course football watching snacks! But I digress. This veggie bowl is packed full of yummy summer veggies which yield a high nutritional content.
Cauliflower is rich in vitamin C and folate. A cup of raw cauliflower florets has more than 50 percent of the Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) of vitamin C, 15 percent of the RDA for folate, and reasonable amounts of potassium and vitamin B6. It also has bioflavonoids, indoles, and other chemicals that protect against cancer.
Avocados are a great source of folate, vitamin A, potassium, protein, iron, magnesium, and vitamins C, E, and B6. Plus they are rich in monounsaturated oil, the same heart-friendly fat found in olive oil, and have more soluble fiber than any other fruit.
And chickpeas! Who doesn’t love roasted chickpeas, am I right? Oh those tiny bits of crunchy healthy yumminess. And baked with buffalo sauce? YUMMMM!
Before summer is over, you gotta try this bowl. Seriously. It’s that good.
Avocado Rose Veggie Bowl
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper (I baked everything together at the same time).
- Slice sweet potato into 1/4 inch rounds and sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for about 10 minutes on each side.
- Drain, rinse and dry a can of chickpeas. Sprinkle with stem garlic powder and bake for about 30 minutes. Take out and add hot sauce and bake for a few more minutes. Add more hot sauce after if you like it spicy.
- Serve over lettuce. Add tomato, cucumber and avocado. Optional – Vegan ranch would go great over it!
- This makes two large bowl or four smaller size portions
- The mustard bbq sauce was not entered into the nutritional information.
Looking for tasty bowls? Try here!